Sunday, June 26, 2016

Hops Java & Juice, Clarksville, Tennessee, U.S.A.

Hops Java & Juice storefront in historic downtown Clarksville.
Nikon D5100.
 Overview: A charming little coffee shop with flavor and pricing comparable to Starbucks.

Location: 100 Strawberry Alley, Clarksville, Tennessee, 37040

Visit Hops Jave & Juice Official Website

The Good: I love Starbucks, but I think I like Hops Java & Juice even more. Why? It's all about buying local.

Not to mention that the food was excellent.  They serve all sorts of coffee shop beverages, smoothies, chips and sandwiches, gluten free baked goods, even treats for your canine!

At the time of my visit, the barista told me that Hops Java & Juice plans to soon incorporate live entertainment into its roster.

Located in a beautiful historic downtown, its a nice place to cool down on a visit to the Clarksville Farmer's Market, held right across the street.

Madagascar vanilla bourbon frappuccino.  Yum!
Nikon D5100.
The Bad: I think Starbucks is expensive.  I love it, yes, perhaps I am a coffee addict, but expensive it still remains. The prices at Hops Java & Juice rival those of Starbucks. For example, frappuccinos come in one size, approximately a venti, for about the same price. But I can give them a little slack on the price, as they are a "mom and pop" establishment rather than a chain.

The Delicious: Not only was my frappuccino tasty, but there were some enormous "Big Daddy" cookies calling my name--five inch behemoths filled with chocolate chunks!  This little coffee shop is definitely on my list of places to visit again.

The Confusing: Since the word "hops" was included in the name, I expected to find a microbrewery tucked away inside. No such luck, but there is always the Blackhorse down the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment